Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Ever buy duplicates without realizing it?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I really don't know how this happened, because I keep a spreadsheet of all my AG related purchases whether from AG or Ebay and as gifts received. I list the item, original price, and purchase price or marked as gift.

    Anyway, I have duplicates of Kit's bedding and her Railway adventure book. (huh?) I also have duplicates of her brown work boots, but I decided to keep those, they'd be cute with lots of outfits on the other girls!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't, but my mom has. My mom accidentally bought the AGT Valentine Party Outfit for me a couple of Christmases ago, because she didn't know that I already had it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YES! And I was so embarrassed! [img]redface.gif[/img]
    I had Josefina's Cocina Supplies on my Christmas wish-list, and my younger son picked those for me for Christmas. Imagine my embarrassment when I discovered that I already had them in a box in my spare room! [img]redface.gif[/img] I had forgotten and put it on my list anyway. [img]redface.gif[/img] I told him that I would keep his set, because of the sentamental value of having gotten them from him, and I would give the other set to my goddaughter. (Shhhh....)

    Joy [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]
    (did I mention that I was embarrassed?)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member geneobug's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, yes! I have a figuerine, bookend, and a dress or two that I purchased on E-bay without realizing I already had them. I felt like an idiot. I am going to sell them when I get around to it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have Kit's work boots-I misplaced them and was oh so upset...I tore through the room looking for them. I couldn't find them, so the next day, I reordered them. A few hours later I found them!

    -Jordyn

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not of AG, but of other things [img]redface.gif[/img] . My dad's girlfriend took me shopping, and volunteered to buy me a CD. I picked out one I really wanted, and then when I got home, my mom informed me that she had bought me that CD as an early birthday present, when I was with her, about 2 weeks before hand [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] . LOL! I am a very forgetful person [img]redface.gif[/img] .

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AG Seamstress's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just did that very thing last week. I was looking at DVD's on Amazon, and saw one I had wanted to see. I thought I had purchased it, a while back, but didn't remember watching it. I went through all of my DVD's, and didn't have it, so I ordered it. It came on Friday, and on Saturday, I saw my sister, whom I haven't seen since Christmas, and she returned the DVD she had borrowed....you guessed it.....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh. I just did this! I purchased the new gala outfit for Kailey and was at AGP last week. I noticed the dress and the new box and thought to myself. Do we have this dress? I said not, but I remember buying it. I convinced myself that I had bought it as a gift for one of Kailey's friends and bought it for her. Imagine my surprise when I gave it to her and she siad "Mom. Santa already brought this to me." Insert dumb mom expression here. Me-"No he didn't" Kailey- "Yes he did. See? Little Kailey is wearing it right now." Doh! I gotta take it back next time I am at the store.

    Lara

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't bought duplicate AG things yet, but last Christmas I would have sworn on my life that I had all of the AG Christmas dresses. I tore the house apart looking for Addy's. Then I looked through all my old Christmas display pictures- Addy was never in her dress. I guess I never did actually buy it.

    Glad I didn't swear on my life that I had it [img]redface.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Right now I am on the hunt for Kit's Reds Fan outfit. I konw I bought it but can I find it, no. I rember looking at it but can't remember where I put it. This tells me I have too much AG stuff.

    Ashley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •